Orleans Seniors Group Meeting Remain Virtual

bbadmin
Site Admin

Orleans Seniors Group Meeting Remain Virtual

Post by bbadmin »

Fellow Seniors,

During the some of the last Thursday meetings, we have had discussions on holding these meetings outdoors say in a park. This is to reduce the loneliness some of us may be feeling, especially those who are not able to join, or are not comfortable with virtual mode of meeting. ICCC Board has taken the position that we, as seniors (especially those with underlying conditions related to heart, lungs and diabetes), are in a very high risk category, and therefore, ICCC meetings should remain virtual for the time being.

Since lately the Ministry of Health of the Province of Ontario, has permitted a gathering of up to 100 people in an open space, one of our members has expressed a wish that the ICCC Board should reconsider its position to take advantage of a small window of opportunity (of good weather) that is currently available.

Others (including myself) have indicated that a group that we are likely to get at an outdoor ICCC meetings is too large a group to be in, for their risk tolerance level, even with the best intentioned desire to maintain social distance. The larger the group, the greater is the risk.

Regardless of if and when ICCC meetings can be held outdoors, I would encourage all to be active and be outdoors as much as possible for good physical and mental health. You may form a group say 6-8 people and meet outdoors, of course, while respecting health guidelines regarding social distances and face coverings. Of course, you must consider your personal comfort and risk tolerance level.

You may consult the ICCC Orleans Signup sheet (link given below), which contains the email and telephone numbers of some of our members, to get in touch with other members. Please contact me if you need any help in forming a group.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Keep safe.
Jagjit

Return to “Announcements”