Reminder for Virtual Meeting on April 2, 2020

bbadmin
Site Admin

Reminder for Virtual Meeting on April 2, 2020

Post by bbadmin »

Fellow Seniors,

Greetings!

This is a friendly reminder of the virtual meeting of ICCC Orleans Seniors. The meeting details are as given below.

I hope all of you have successfully downloaded Zoom. All you have to do to join the meeting is to open Zoom, click on 'join the meeting' and enter the meeting ID. It is possible to just to click at the link below to join, but I am told that entering the meeting ID is better, as it gives you more flexibility.

I shall open the meeting 5-7 minutes before 10 AM, and you can join any time after 9.55. I have set aside 2 hours for this meeting.

This is the first virtual meeting, so some teething problems are expected. We will need to be patient while everyone is joining.

The rationale for choosing 10 AM was to allow some seniors to join who are not normally able to come to our meetings because of time conflict. However, some of our regular members have indicated that for them, 10 AM is a bit early to start the meeting. So from next week onwards, we shall start at 1 PM.

Dr. Chandra Vaidyanathan and Dr. Ram Chandran Nair have kindly agreed to answer any questions and concern you may have with respect to Coronavirus, the rationale for the decisions authorities are making for the society as a whole, and in particular for the seniors.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1. Meet and Greet: How the last four weeks have you been in your life

2. Open line for questions for Dr. Chandra Vaidyanathan and Dr. Ramchandran Nair

I shall be acting as a host. Given the expected number of people for this meeting, it will be important that only one person speaks at a time, so that the speaker is understood. Everyone will have an icon on their screen for 'participants'. If you click on it there will be a number of options; one of which is to 'Raise Hand'. Whenever you would like to make a point, please 'Raise Hand'. As the host I will be able to see who wants to speak, and so we will be able to minimize any cross-talk.

See you tomorrow (virtually).

Jagjit

Return to “Announcements”